Sunday, March 7, 2010

{ OpLove }

Operation: Love ReUnited
Giving back to those who ask for nothing
more, than to come home.


"If you have ever been through a military deployment, there are no words to explain how hard it is to send the father or mother of your children off to some foreign, dangerous land, leaving you all behind…. ALONE. It’s indescribable to watch their faces light up as their mother or father comes up the stairs of the airport after months, possibly a year or more, of not hugging each other. Emotions fly through the main lobby, it’s so very good to have them home.....but the last thing on your mind when your wife or husband arrives home after a 4 to 18 month tour, is capturing all this love- on film. Most people are so overwhelmed with emotions they forget to simply point and shoot the camera they are grasping of their child’s first hug, or that single tear of relief from a mother being able to hold her twenty year old son again. With the help of Operation: Love ReUnited and local photographers near your base, you can." ~ OpLove

It is with GREAT pride that I announce my partnership with Operation: Love ReUnited. As I type this, tears are flowing down my cheeks....for multiple reasons.
 #1, No one knows more than me how hard a deployment can be for military members, their spouses and especially their children.
#2, I am extremely HAPPY to be able to give back to military families for all the sacrifices they make for our country.
#3, (let's just be honest) I miss my Sailor and cry at the drop of the hat these days.

If you are interested in learning more about this organization you can contact me at kayse@lamiabellaphotos.com or visit OpLove's website by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great cause! I think you knowing the emotions first hand that spouses go through will make your photos stand out more and mean more to those receiving them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dana! This is something that means a great deal to me. Now I'm looking for a photographer to my OpLove session :)

    ReplyDelete